Summer staff members are typically hired between the months of January and April. Successful candidates will:
- have a personal and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ;
- have the heart of a servant;
- have a positive attitude;
- have a love for kids;
- be age 17-24
- have a capacity to relate well to campers, college-aged summer staff personnel and management;
- have strong swimming skills with the ability to become a certified lifeguard;
- have the ability to become a certified ropes course facilitator.
Summer Staff will report directly to the Summer Staff Director. In addition to ropes course facilitation, lifeguarding, grounds keeping and hospitality services (cleaning, set-up, snack bar, serving in food service at times), he or she will also act as a liaison between guest groups and the retreat center, ensuring our guests a pleasant and successful stay at Brookhaven.
We also need summer staff who can take great photos, film, and produce promotional videos. Staff who serve on our media team will typically rotate regular staff duties with media work.
Brookhaven’s summer staffers will not only be trained in lifeguarding, CPR, ropes course facilitation (if necessary), and guest services, but each one will also receive spiritual training through discipleship and participation in Bible studies and devotionals. This is a SEASONAL position active from May 28 to August 15 (approximately).
Compensation package includes $225/week for first-year staff, certifications in lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, and ropes course facilitation, housing, meals, and access to all the activities Brookhaven offers in a rich, fun, and fulfilling environment. See the employment packet links below.
SUMMER MINISTRY TEAM DIRECTOR
Brookhaven Retreat is now accepting applications for Summer Ministry Team Director (Seasonal position).
The successful applicant will be at least 25 years old; spiritually mature; have a strong work ethic; have a servant's heart; be organized; have a positive attitude; and able to swim well. Duties include:
- Supervision of about 15 college-aged staff
- Scheduling staff for rotating shifts
- Leading and planning Bible studies
- Planning fun activities for the staff that promote a team atmosphere
- Communicating with leaders of groups that attend camp at Brookhaven
- Working alongside staff to clean, lead camper recreation, setup meeting rooms, and other responsibilities as needed.
The position starts May 17 for weekend shifts, and switches to full-time on June 3, continuing through August 15. Applicants must be able to live at Brookhaven during the summer. Great job for a teacher! Contact Carol Boles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 903.769.2811 for more information and click the employment packet link to apply.
Click here for an employment packet
The packet includes a fact sheet, an application and three reference forms for you to give to a former employer, a pastor and someone else who knows you personally (not a family member). E-mail email@example.com if you have further questions.
You can also visit Brookhaven's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/brookhaven.
Click here to view a facebook album of recent summer ministry team members (disable your pop-up blocker).
Click here for a flyer about Brookhaven's summer opportunities that you can print out and post at your church, place of business, college, or wherever you feel it might be effective.